- Applicant must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be a past OUWB Future Physicians Summer Enrichment Program attendee
- Demonstrated interest in medical research and health disparities
- Non-refundable $25 application charge (required at time of application submission). A credit or debit card must be used for application charge
- Program dates are June 22 - July 31, 2020 at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
- Application Essay (explained in detail below)
- Official copy of transcripts (must be emailed directly from your school to be accepted as official)
- Extra-Curricular Academic Resume (including dates of participation and activity)
- Two official letters of recommendation from current teachers, counselors, or school administrators (must be emailed as a PDF attachment directly from your school, on school letterhead from the recommender to be accepted as official)
Applicants are required to email application essays to "firstname.lastname@example.org". In the subject line, please note "SROP" along with the applicant's name. Please limit response to each question to 500 words. Essays must be in PDF format, double-spaced, and in Times New Roman font type, 12-pt. font size. Essays embedded in e-mail messages will not be accepted. Below, please see questions which each essay should answer.
1. Why are you interested in research and health disparities and what unique characteristics do you bring to the program?
2. What events have helped shape your desire to learn more about research? Please describe.
Data Use Disclosure:
By Applying to SROP, I understand and agree that my Application data, including but not limited to, personally identifiable information will be provided to Oakland University Undergraduate Admissions for follow-up as a prospective Oakland University Student.
Electronic Release Form and Data Use:
By checking the box next to "I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the SROP RELEASE form and Data Use Disclosure" when you add this product to your cart, you acknowledge that you, on behalf of yourself and the Participant, have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the conditions of the SROP RELEASE form which is included within this online reservation and the Data Use Disclosure.
SROP PROGRAM RELEASE