- Applicant must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Must currently be a high school sophomore, junior, or senior at the time of application submission
- Completion of Online Application Form
- Non-refundable $25 application charge (required at time of application submission). A credit or debit card must be used for application charge
- Program dates are June 18 - June 29, 2018 at Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
- Application Essay (explained in detail below)
- Official copy of transcripts (must be emailed directly from your school to be accepted as official)
- Extra-Curricular Academic Resume (including dates of participation and activity)
- Two official letters of recommendation from current teachers, counselors, or school administrators (must be emailed directly from your school to be accepted as official)
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident to participate in this program. For non-U.S. Citizens, you must email a copy of your Permanent Resident Card (green card) to "email@example.com".
- Come from a disadvantaged background as defined by the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
- Under-represented individuals in medicine (e.g., Female, African American, Latino, Native American, and Southeast Asian) as defined by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) "https://www.aamc.org/initiatives/urm"
- Diagnosed with a disability that substantially limits one or more major life activities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Applicants are required to email application essays to "firstname.lastname@example.org". In the subject line, please note "FPSEP" along with the applicant's name. Please limit response to each question to 500 words. Below, please see questions which each essay should answer.
1. Why are you interested in this program and what unique characteristics do you bring to the program?
2. What events have helped shape your desire to learn more about medicine? Please describe.
Electronic Release Form:
By checking the box next to “I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the FPSEP RELEASE form” when you add this product to your cart you acknowledge that you, on behalf of yourself and the Participant, have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the FPSEP RELEASE form which is included within this online registration.
FPSEP PROGRAM RELEASE